Engineering Specification of the Godown
Standard Specifications For 5,000 Mt Capacity Conventional Type Godowns
1. Godown Centre to Centre 125.55m x 21.80m (412' x 71'-6")
2. Out side to Out side = 126.01m x 22.26m (413'-6" x 73')
3. Excluding both Varandah: 126.01m x 22.26m (413'-6" x 73')
4. Including both Varandah: 126.01m x 27.76m (413'-6" x 91' )
5. Rail side Varandah Width: 3.05m (10')
6. Road side Varandah Width: 2.45 m (8')
7. Plinth level: 0.80m2'-8"
8. 5.000 MT godowns = 3 Compartments. (Carpet Area of each Compartment :135'-9" x 70' = 9502.20 Sq.Ft. (41.23m x 21.34m) = 879.85 Sq.m.)
9. One Compartment C/C length 41.85m (137'-3")
10. One Compartment = 1670 M.T. Capacity
11. No. of Stacks in each Compartment 12 Nos.
12. Size of Stacks = 6.10m x 9.15m (20' x 30' )
13. Godown height on each side in respect of road-fed =5.60m & Rail-fed =6.35m
14. Varandah Truss height on road side=3.35m Varandah Truss height on Rail fed side 3.95m
15. No. of Rolling shutters = 12 Nos. (Six on each side)
16. No. of collapsible gates 12 Nos. (Six on each side)
17. Size of rolling shutters (Clear opening) =(1.83m x 2.44m (6' x 8')
18. Size of collapsible gates 2.44m x 2.44m (8'x 8')
19. Bottom Ventilators size 0.62m x 0.62 m (2' x 2') =42 Nos. (Both long walls)
20. Top Ventilators size 1.54m x 0.62 m (5' x 2' )= 54 Nos. (Both long walls)
21. V8 Ventilators = 0.38m x 0.62m (1'-3" x 2'-8”) = 42 Nos.
22. Tubular Trusses: As per the wind zone classified in the relevant latest BIS code in the normal wind zone: 200 Kg/Sq.m and 150 Kg/Sq.m. or as per actual.
23. ANCILLARIES REQUIRED Office Block, Watchman Quarters, Weigh Bridge, Compound wall with Electrification, Water supply.
a. Road fed godowns continuous platforms of 2.45 meter (8 ft) wide shall be provided on both sides of the godowns.
b. Rail fed godowns 3.05 meters (10 ft) wide continuous platform on rail side and 2.45 meters (8 ft) wide platform shall be provided.
Any specifications not mentioned above will be as per the FCI existing specifications for conventional godowns. In case FCI does not have any specifications, CWC specifications for godowns will be followed. In case specifications not covered by FCI and CWC then relevant IS code 607 of 1971 for construction of godowns will be followed.
Land Requirement for conventional type storage godowns:
a) First 5,000 M.T Capacity = 2.98 Acres.(approx)
b) 10,000 M.T Capacity = 4.70 Acres.
c) 15,000 M.T Capacity = 7.00 Acres
d) 20,000 M.T Capacity = 8.60 Acres.
e) 25,000 MT railway siding godown = 15 Acres.
f) 50,000 MT railway siding godown = 25 Acres
Note: The plot of land shall be as far as possible rectangular shaped. In case of railway siding godowns long enough to accommodate full length of rake in single placement. The above land requirements are approximate and may change depending upon the shape and topography of the land.